- GATS Scouting Registration is Now Closed- Thank you for the overwhelming response!
- Click on this link for pictures from MATS 2015
- Click on this link for pictures from Walcott 2015
- Click on this link for pictures from GATS 2015
- Click on this link for pictures from CTX 2015
Click on this link for pictures from MATS 2016
Click on this link for pictures from GATS 2016
- Click on this link for pictures from GATS 2017
1. Which merit badges will be taught?
Traffic Safety & Truck Transportation badges will be completed at the event based on the direction of your troop leader. The instructor will have materials to hand out and present.
2. What are the proceedures to register for the event?
You will have to register for the badge lesson with us and we will submit your name to the the Trucking Shows for the show registration. Each Scout will have to have a show badge to enter the show which we will order for you to be picked up at the lecture. There is no cost to register for the event or the show.
3. Can the entire Troop register and attend?
4. What do I need to bring and what is dress code?
You will need to bring Blue Cards, 1 blue card per merit badge. You should wear your uniform to the event but it's not required to attend.
5. What will I learn?
First you will earn your traffic safety and truck transportation merit badges while learning about trucking related safety items such as blind spots, stopping distances, turning radiuses, seat belts, and distractive driving concerns. You will also have a unique opportunity to visit with industry representatives to learn about trucking's new technologies and products while gaining an understanding of the importance of the trucking industry to our nation.
6. When do the classes start and when do they end? Will lunch be provided and what is cost?
Classes start at 9 am and end at 1 pm including a 30 min lunch period. Lunch will be provided to Scouts only. Extra lunches may be available. Adult food can be purchased at the show. There are no fees or costs for Scouts to attend the classes or lunch.